Create Thread: E3 Live Completely Disappoints Fans

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks as though the Entertainment Software Association's E3 Live show was a let down. It's odd that they didn't have more for people to do, things to see and so on. It's a shame, that would have been a great opportunity for companies to engage fans.

The fact that it was a free event, however, does not excuse just how poor this show really was. Fans were promised by ESA head Mike Gallagher in the show's initial announcement "the chance to test-drive exciting new games, interact with some of their favorite developers, and be among the first in the world to enjoy groundbreaking game experiences." I spent maybe an hour there, and when I first arrived, I genuinely questioned whether I was in the right place. But to my disbelief, the small area (maybe the size of two tennis courts) was just filled with a few tents, barely any games, and a bunch of merchandise (t-shirts and the like) being marketed to attendees. The fans I spoke with felt like they had been duped. At least they didn't pay for their tickets.

What?!

How dare you didn't like E3 2016: Nothing to show, so we'll just spend the whole event talking about how diverse our companies are edition!

How dare you dislike the fact every presentation other than Sony's was nothing but assholes on stage who wouldn't shut the hell up for five seconds to show the trailers they were talking about

Dunkey's EA 2016 review at 2:39 sums up exactly what I was thinking the entire event

Also FIFA FIFA YOU KNOW WE GOT THE FIFA OH MAN THAT FIFA YOU PREPARED FOR SOME MORE FIFA YEAH FIFA FIFA MAN THIRTY MINUTES OF SHOW TIME TALKING ABOUT THAT FIFA

So that was the annoying pop up I saw on every game trailer from E3 on youtube. It was driving me crazy.

What?!

How dare you didn't like E3 2016: Nothing to show, so we'll just spend the whole event talking about how diverse our companies are edition!

How dare you dislike the fact every presentation other than Sony's was nothing but assholes on stage who wouldn't shut the hell up for five seconds to show the trailers they were talking about

Dunkey's EA 2016 review at 2:39 sums up exactly what I was thinking the entire event

Also FIFA FIFA YOU KNOW WE GOT THE FIFA OH MAN THAT FIFA YOU PREPARED FOR SOME MORE FIFA YEAH FIFA FIFA MAN THIRTY MINUTES OF SHOW TIME TALKING ABOUT THAT FIFA

Gus from Rooster Teeth nailed it on the head in his commentary when he brought up that they talked/showed more about the story mode in FIFA than they did with Mass Effect.

Gus from Rooster Teeth nailed it on the head in his commentary when he brought up that they talked/showed more about the story mode in FIFA than they did with Mass Effect.

E3 isn't about gamers or games anymore, its a show where developers can show off their dicks and how awesome they are

Should just call it CircleJerk 2016 and leave the real gaming news to YouTubers now

An industry marketing conference created a space to market to consumers? Color me surprised.

Back