Creality CR 6 SE

Skott

Supreme [H]ardness
I figure go ahead and make a thread for this new printer. Kickstarter backers are starting to receive their CR 6 SE printers now. I ordered one. It hasn't shipped yet. Anyone else order one or plan to buy one once the Creality store starts selling them?

MeSoHungry

n00b
Heard there is some quality issues and people are reporting they are starting fires.
If you get yours soon, I suggest you don't do any overnight prints and keep an eye on it every so often until Creality fixes the issue.

Here's more info: Click Me

Skott

Supreme [H]ardness
Yeah I'm keeping track of it all. Mine hasnt shipped yet and if I understand their latest update correctly that they are going back through the printers that not yet shipped and fixing anything that may be wrong.

Skott

Supreme [H]ardness
Well yesterday Creality sent out Batch 18 which my printer is in. Now to wait on the long boat ride.

IndyColtsFan

Limp Gawd
I got mine last week and haven’t built it yet. I debated selling it but I think I’ll just build it and see what happens. I did go ahead and order a replacement switch and will swap that out when I build.

1911Shootist

[H]ard|Gawd
I'll order one as soon as they're available. I noticed they pushed the estimated availability back by a month...

Really looking forward to a dual-z & auto leveling machine for production duties. Hopefully they get the kinks worked out. What was letting smoke out?

jmilcher

Supreme [H]ardness
Way too many reports of faulty units. I’ll hold out until these get cleared up. I often print for hours at a time. No need for a house fire. Nice printer though.

Skott

Supreme [H]ardness
Well people with the problems are usually the most vocal but yeah there have been issues. If in the market for one I'd say wait 6 months. Once mine arrives I will be posting here and giving my thoughts about it.

Skott

Supreme [H]ardness
I'd say most buyers don't have a problem with the CR 6 SE. There is a segment that is however. We just don't know the percentage of that segment. I think its smaller than those with no problems but its hard to quantify.

jmilcher

Supreme [H]ardness
The 3d printer crowd are pretty diy savvy. If they are that vocal including major review sites, it’s probably best to wait until the revision hits the market imo.

1911Shootist

[H]ard|Gawd
Is this actual components failing, or just another case of bad terminals/connectors that can be easily remedied?

IndyColtsFan

Limp Gawd
Is this actual components failing, or just another case of bad terminals/connectors that can be easily remedied?
There seems to be two common issues:

1. A bad power switch - easily replaced.
2. Motherboards which seem to be dying around the power input. An engineer did a preliminary analysis and said he thinks the traces are too small given the power profile.