CRC errors in Raid 1 Mirror

RedChief

Weaksauce
I have two WD Cavier SE 80 gig drives hooked up to a Adaptec 1200a EIDE raid card. I'm wanting to set up a simple Raid 1 mirror and once the mirror is created I get CRC errors when reading data off the array.

I've tried replacing the card but no luck. Any suggestions? Or is more info needed?

the last time i got crc errors, a hard drive was bad.
check the drives with wd's dlgdiag utility from their site. make sure you dont get any error codes on any of the drives.

If the machine is up and running off of another drive, use the 'Data LifeGuard' tools: http://support.wdc.com/download/#windlg
to see if one of the drives is dying. You may want to take them off the RAID controller for the test.

Install the software (tiny) and double click on the drive in question. Do a quick test, if that comes back clean do an 'extended test'.

Will try the HD test. Currently have the OS running on a 20gig drive so swapping things around as needed isnt an issue.

Ran the HD diagnostics on both drives and came up with nothing.

Set up each drive seperately as normal drive and they both could read a archieve.

Once I created the Raid 1 array, I would get CRC errors on reading the archive. Additionally, I copied my evercrack folder on to the array (EQ Launcher does a a crap load of crc checking) and when I ran it, it did the quick update to the launcher but never got to the launcher screen. everquest.exe shuts down immeidatly after starting.

Back