CRC Error While Installing GTA: SA

Hi, I'm new here. I've got a problem with San Andreas. When installing the game I've received a message saying that there's a CRC Error and a file in the game directory doesn't match the one in the .cab on the DVD. I had three options, Abort, Ignore, Retry. When I hit retry I got another message that the game encountered a critical error and the installation has to stop. I've tried again and the same thing happened. Then during the third try I hit ignore and the installation continued. During that installation I had to ignore an issue three times. I've tried starting a new installation numerous times but the error pops up at random moments but it usually includes files in the audio\SFX directory. When the installation completed, the game launched and every now and then it crashes back to Windows. This was happening randomly. I've tried installing the game on a different PC and it installed just fine. I took the DVD drive out of the one which worked fine and put it in the other one. Then I tried installing the game again and the game still wouldn't install on this computer without errors. I've tried taking the files which gave errors from the good installation on the weaker computer and copy them onto the strong PC which wouldn't install the game. Now the game still crashes to desktop but it doesn't happen as frequently. I've formatted my HD and reinstalled Windows but I still have the problem. What can I do? Thanks in advance.

Nvm, I took out one of the memory sticks and the game installed without any problems. Thanks for the help anyways.

Back