• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crazypc lapping service, worth it?

Kanaric

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 19, 2005
Messages
325
I want to buy a TRUE (or megahalems, still undecided) and saw this site will lap it for $15. It annoys me to do it myself so I was wondering if anyone here has had used this service from them and if they did a good job.

I will be lapping the CPU anyways, but having the heatsink already done will remove some annoying, especially since the sandpaper would cost me about as much what the charge for this service as it is.
 
I'd say that as long as you know that your good at it then just do it yourself, if you have no experience doing it and you dont want to risk anything then just let them do it or just dont have it lapped at all.
 
there is a thread with a lot of information about it.. try doing a search.. the threads probably a month or so old..

but from what i remember it was decent but not the greatest lapping job..
 
I ended up ordering a pre-lapped TRUE from CrazyPC. It's not a mirror finish, but it is flat. My original TRUE was amazingly convex... After I ran out of sandpaper the second time I gave up. Well worth the money IMO.
 
Back
Top