• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crazy Problem With 4870 and XP SP3

ballpoint

Gawd
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
917
Installing SP3 causes my GPU activity to be stuck at 99%, and my CPU activity to be stuck at 50% (100% of one core). Games perform like shit, for instance TF2 gets stuck below 20FPS. I just did a complete fresh install of XP onto a brand new hard drive. The first thing I did after installing antivirus and SP3 was to install the new Catalyst 8.8 driver released today. After rebooting I had the same problem: GPU activity at 99% unchanging, and CPU activity hovering between 40 and 60%.

I am running XP with an X24400+ and the Radeon 4870. Has anyone got any clue what the hell could be going on?

I guess for now I'll try to go back to only SP2, which is smooth as glass. That could be tricky with this fresh install. I don't think MS will let you install a service pack older than the one they're currently pushing..?
 
Back
Top