Crazy Build: 2x PowerColor Devil 13 390x2 ; need help on what case!

alumar

[H]ard|Gawd
So my team has been breaking down some of our older inefficient mining rigs and are going to build some slick gamers with them.

s-l1600.jpg

One of the builds we are planning is the following:

Ryzen 1800X /w Corsair H115i Cooler
Gigabyte GA-AX370-GAMING 5 AM4 AMD x370
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 4266 (PC4 34100) (4x8GB)
2x Samsung EVO 840 750GB SSD in Raid0
2x PowerColor Devil 13 - 390x2 Dual GPU 16GB DDR5 each
eVGA 1600 Titanium T2 PSU

Our problem is the two fold ....

#1) Will the CPU/MB support the required PCIX lanes for effectively 4 GPUs, I do have a 6850k and a Asus ROG mb worst case ...

#2) Both of these GPU's are HUGE ..im talking 3" thick, 12" long and im having difficulty finding a commercial case that can support it. Any idea's on cases (short of us having to build our own)?

Honestly quad X-fire support is horrid. I'd step down to just one card and then case choices will be easy. As for Ryzen, I'd wait for a few more reviews to pop up (mainly [H]'s) before I throw some cash down on one.

Also, you may not see a worthwhile difference by using 2 SSDs in RAID0. There will be an improvement in benchmarks but real life results will be a wash. If you want a really fast SSD go with PCIE based units.

Running 2x 295X2 and 2x Radeon Pro Duos in two separate rigs, but am not confident a 2x 390X2 setup can be run properly without two PSUs.

Please let us know how it goes, and prepare your OCP for major rapeage

Running 2x 295X2 and 2x Radeon Pro Duos in two separate rigs, but am not confident a 2x 390X2 setup can be run properly without two PSUs.

Please let us know how it goes, and prepare your OCP for major rapeage

We ran 3 of these cards (just the cards) on one of the 1600 EVGA Titanium T2s - just look up Devil 13 mining rig on the internet and you will find our video (12 GPU mining rig)

I hear you guys though on on the quad support, not a lot of experience with that. The raid0 SSD's however, I run 2x 512 EVO Pro's in my main box now and the difference is noticeable, esp when editing/playing around with 4k video edits. Would love to do dual M2 drives in raid0 but afraid im going to nuke the lanes required to quadfire the box.

To support both cards, I'd suggest this: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...msi_video_card_bolster-_-14-999-044-_-Product

I used that very bolster when I had a Devil 13 R9 390 Dual Core myself (still use it for my considerably lighter/less bulky GTX 980 Ti).

As for cases? My Phanteks Enthoo Pro (full tower case) handled the Devil 13 with no issues whatsoever (could easily have supported another one, but my motherboard's layout didn't allow for it).

This is a lil crazy at this point in time unless all you play is Doom. I dunno, if it were me I'd sell them while they are still somewhat salable and get a titan and call it a day. Shrugs, I got over my quadfire itch a couple years ago after running quad 6950/7970/290x.

r16Fkuzh.jpg

This is a lil crazy at this point in time unless all you play is Doom. I dunno, if it were me I'd sell them while they are still somewhat salable and get a titan and call it a day. Shrugs, I got over my quadfire itch a couple years ago after running quad 6950/7970/290x.

r16Fkuzh.jpg

This is the best advice. Sell them and build a good rig with a single card.

This is the best advice. Sell them and build a good rig with a single card.

I hear ya guys but the target isn't a single most powerful card etc.; Owning a small crypto mining farm I cycle through a lot of equipment regularly i.e. see attached picture. Additionally, I already have a few boxes with Dual 1080's on a 6950x and a 6900 with a pro duo for gaming and production (video editing). What I am looking to do is build a box with a few of the Devil 13's ...just because I havent seen a box anywhere with that was achieved and having problem looking for a case that can actually support it. Additionally there was a basic concern they would even initialize, but looks like the Ryzen processor will support 4GPU no problem (dual 2x cards).

CrnD-hHUsAAEkWv.jpg:large

Crossfire scaling is pretty bad with 3 gpus and is pretty much non existent in 4 way crossfire. You won't get much benefit if any at all with running two of these monster gpus for gaming purposes.

I hear ya guys but the target isn't a single most powerful card etc.; Owning a small crypto mining farm I cycle through a lot of equipment regularly i.e. see attached picture. Additionally, I already have a few boxes with Dual 1080's on a 6950x and a 6900 with a pro duo for gaming and production (video editing). What I am looking to do is build a box with a few of the Devil 13's ...just because I havent seen a box anywhere with that was achieved and having problem looking for a case that can actually support it. Additionally there was a basic concern they would even initialize, but looks like the Ryzen processor will support 4GPU no problem (dual 2x cards).

Drooling over that photo

maxresdefault.jpg

Back