• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crashing issues in various games?

Kuros

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 30, 2003
Messages
1,708
Specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 955
Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
Kingston Hyper X 2X2GB DDR3-2000 CL9
XFX ATI HD5870
Thermaltake Toughpower 750w
Seagate ST3750640AS and Samsung HD154UI hdds
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Problems experienced:

Team Fortress 2 runs fine for the most part but I'll have slight FPS skipping here and there.
Fallout 3 crashes to the desktop after a short while.
Borderlands ran fine for about 15 minutes, then started having massive frameskips followed by a system freeze.

Currently using ATI 10.7 drivers and no overclocking has been done.

CPU temps are currently at 38-40C idle
GPU temps are at 58C idle
 
I'm using a 5970, but I've also experienced crashes in Dirt II, Metro 2033, and Serious Sam First Encounter HD. In Serious Sam Second Encounter HD, I've encountered graphic drop out and minor freezing that eventually corrected itself. Not sure if it's because ATI's drivers are just bad or if all these games are just really buggy. On my previous PC, I used a Geforce 6800 and rarely encountered any major bugs.
 
I cranked the fan on my GPU and tried Borderlands again.

44-46C while playing, but the system still froze after 15 minutes.
 
Sounds more like RAM than video card to me. If you OC your RAM set it back to stock and see what happens. Try some different RAM if you can.
 
Back
Top