• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crappy sound?

pArTy

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
433
I have had this computer for a while and use Zalmon 5.1 surround sound headphones. I moved my computer to my other house untel I can fix my other computer. I hooked my computer up to some Boston speakers and started to play some MP3s and noticed it sounds like its underwater and its crackly. What gives? I have had this computer for 3 years and never noticed it with my other stero and headphones. Should I get another sound card? If the sound seems so bad on Boston speakers I wonder what I been missing :eek:
 
well, the zalman and any other speakers you were using were probably crap, so mp3's are fine on them. The boston bookshelfs, on the other hand, should be pretty good and revealing.. which it reveals that those low bit rate mp3 you are using has artifacts and etc on them...

pop in a cd you bought and it should be better, unless all you do is download mp3's off the internet.. :rolleyes: :D Anyways try that! GL!
 
Have you tried hooking up another audio source to those speakers, in the same location?

You could have line noise on your electricity.

When I moved into this house I had to move my setup around the house three times till I found the best power points.

They dirty electricty sounded similar to what you are describing.
 
tomatoesontoast said:
Have you tried hooking up another audio source to those speakers, in the same location?

You could have line noise on your electricity.

When I moved into this house I had to move my setup around the house three times till I found the best power points.

They dirty electricty sounded similar to what you are describing.
That sounds like my problem. Burning my music on CDs and crap sound fine in any stero that I own. Also the zalman headphones I have arent crap. There definity one of the best headphones I have used. Theres 2 power strips in the same outlet and its a old built house.
 
pArTy said:
That sounds like my problem. Burning my music on CDs and crap sound fine in any stero that I own. Also the zalman headphones I have arent crap. There definity one of the best headphones I have used. Theres 2 power strips in the same outlet and its a old built house.

Have you owned better than the Zalman? If not, then I wouldn't be so sure. I've never owned the Zalman, so I won't comment on how good/bad it is, but I'll comment on the idea that if you haven't heard better headphones, the ones you currently have will sound good. That's what I used to think about my Sony EX71s and MDR-828 earbuds, as well as my Labtec elites. Then I joined head-fi.
 
Back
Top