Crappy Graphics with 7900GTX in F.E.A.R.

jgdiaz

Limp Gawd
Is anyone having problems with the geaphics like I am, I suspect the 84.25 drivers as the cause. I have done a complte format of my HD and installed everything fresh and no change and only with F.E.A.R. all other games work fine. I am going to try the official 84.21 drivers see if it helps anyway attached is a pic of the problem. Thanks in advance!!.

http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fearpic2dn.jpg

:mad: :(

jgdiaz said:
Is anyone having problems with the geaphics like I am, I suspect the 84.25 drivers as the cause. I have done a complte format of my HD and installed everything fresh and no change and only with F.E.A.R. all other games work fine. I am going to try the official 84.21 drivers see if it helps anyway attached is a pic of the problem. Thanks in advance!!.

Are you overclocking? How are the temps? That looks like artifacts. I never experienced artifacts before, but if i was to take a guess that is what that is. If the temps are fine, and you arnt overclocking and you tried the official drivers I think it probably RMA time. Maybe not enough power, but I would believe that would just result in a restart of the system.

Lazy_Moron said:
Are you overclocking? How are the temps? That looks like artifacts. I never experienced artifacts before, but if i was to take a guess that is what that is. If the temps are fine, and you arnt overclocking and you tried the official drivers I think it probably RMA time. Maybe not enough power, but I would believe that would just result in a restart of the system.

No not overclocking the temps are 39c idle and 54c load, I can play Oblivion, COD2, HL2 and all those are fine, it's only FEAR and if I restart the game the problem sometimes goes away. It started after I installed the 84.25 drivers all was ok before.

Lazy_Moron said:
yeah, what he said

Brent_Justice said:
If you have Soft Shadows + AA enabled disable Soft Shadows.

Doesn't it automatically disable soft shadows when you have both enabled, though? That's my experience with ATI setups; might be different with nVidia.

Brent_Justice said:
If you have Soft Shadows + AA enabled disable Soft Shadows.

Naah, I never turn on soft shadows, I kust installed the 84.21whql drivers and deleted all my saved games and started the game from sratch and the problem is gone (crazzy!!!). I think the problem was caused whan I installed the 1.03 update patch and was trying to load sved games that I save under the 1.02 patch. I know my 2 cards are fine, I have ran them running rthldribl for a few hours (about 6 hours) when I got the cards and run it from time to time just for fun once per week and get zero artifacts or lockups on my pc.

PWMK2 said:
Doesn't it automatically disable soft shadows when you have both enabled, though? That's my experience with ATI setups; might be different with nVidia.

it doesn't

jgdiaz said:
Naah, I never turn on soft shadows, I kust installed the 84.21whql drivers and deleted all my saved games and started the game from sratch and the problem is gone (crazzy!!!). I think the problem was caused whan I installed the 1.03 update patch and was trying to load sved games that I save under the 1.02 patch. I know my 2 cards are fine, I have ran them running rthldribl for a few hours (about 6 hours) when I got the cards and run it from time to time just for fun once per week and get zero artifacts or lockups on my pc.

I had problems loading some of my saved games with the new 1.03 patch as well.

jgdiaz said:

the matrix has your computer -.-

Hm. I was getting artifacts very similar to that...not as bad but almost the same. Overclocking was my problem...but you're not so yeah.

Your not overclocking your cards but they are overclocked from the factory. The easiest thing to try is just downclock your cards to NV reference speeds and see if it goes away.

SigmaOrionis said:
Your not overclocking your cards but they are overclocked from the factory. The easiest thing to try is just downclock your cards to NV reference speeds and see if it goes away.

My cards are not the superclocked cards and are running at 650/800. I just figured out that it was the 1.03 patch that was causing the whole problem, I reinstalled the game and only installed the 1.02 patch and have played the game for an hour with no problems at all. :p :D

Brent_Justice said:
I had problems loading some of my saved games with the new 1.03 patch as well.

Brent, I reinstalled the game and only installed the 1.02 patch and this solved my problem so the 1.03 patch has a nasty bug in it and I will not use it at all.

My mistake. I'm glad you got it working. :) I just had a nasty battle with FEAR trying to get the sound to work correctly.

I'm using the 1.03 patch without any problems. Of course it took a new soundcard to achieve it.

jgdiaz said:
My cards are not the superclocked cards and are running at 650/800. I just figured out that it was the 1.03 patch that was causing the whole problem, I reinstalled the game and only installed the 1.02 patch and have played the game for an hour with no problems at all. :p :D

SigmaOrionis said:
My mistake. I'm glad you got it working. :) I just had a nasty battle with FEAR trying to get the sound to work correctly.

I'm using the 1.03 patch without any problems. Of course it took a new soundcard to achieve it.

Not a problem, I am pissed that I can't use my Creative X-fi card all I get is loud digital garbage noise out of it when I play any games expecially FEAR, so for now I am back to my trusty Audigy 2 ZS until creative comes up with new drivers to fix that nasty bug which I heard happens only with Nforce4 cgipsets and I have Nforce4 x16 MSI Diamond Plus board which would explain that annoying and nasty glitch. :mad: :mad:

jgdiaz said:
Not a problem, I am pissed that I can't use my Creative X-fi card all I get is loud digital garbage noise out of it when I play any games expecially FEAR, so for now I am back to my trusty Audigy 2 ZS until creative comes up with new drivers to fix that nasty bug which I heard happens only with Nforce4 cgipsets and I have Nforce4 x16 MSI Diamond Plus board which would explain that annoying and nasty glitch. :mad: :mad:

I do no thave this issue, using an X-fi on an A8N32 x16 chipset.

Back