crapping my pants here guys. something happened to a crap ton of my sd card pics

blackbeaSSt

2[H]4U
not sure what went wrong but for some reason im showing 2 weird files in my sd card root that seem to be taking up a lot of room. and in the normal sub folder im showing nothing.

we had a good 2 months worth of pics of our girls on there. i've tried glary and recuva to no avail.

someone try and give me some good news to restore these pics :(

Untitled_zps5199b77f.jpg

edit: ok the pics are still on there. i found a program called "formatted sd card recovery pro" that can at least see the pics. however im not paying $50 for it.

anyone know of a freebie that can pull it?

Wow. Won't pay $50 for a working solution. Must not be too big of an emergency.

2 months without taking the files off? I hope more camera's come with wifi that photos can auto syncs to PC. I love how my phone can do it. Pay $50, the photos are worth it.

Glad you got it sorted out. Just here to help out. But you are most welcome.

And this is why SD cards should not be used for storage, either move them off to your computer to have a copy or burn to disk or somewhere else.

This is almost the same exact thread you posted in January:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1738422

you are correct. im about ready to tell my wife to stick to her phone only for pics if she can't figure out how to move the pics off herself. if it were anything else besides our kids, or our kids having "first" moments then i woulda just formatted and been done with it.

but i wasn't about to lose their first braves game photos!

you are correct. im about ready to tell my wife to stick to her phone only for pics if she can't figure out how to move the pics off herself.

Make sure that you make backups of these on more than 1 device every so often. Leaving them on the phone only is also a recipe for disaster.

you are correct. im about ready to tell my wife to stick to her phone only for pics if she can't figure out how to move the pics off herself. if it were anything else besides our kids, or our kids having "first" moments then i woulda just formatted and been done with it.

but i wasn't about to lose their first braves game photos!

Please make sure you add backing up to your routine! Lightning may strike again, so to speak :)

If the phone is an android I highly recommend foldersync. Tons of different sync options and everything can be automated to run at night with several personalization like only running on wifi etc.

If the phone is an android I highly recommend foldersync. Tons of different sync options and everything can be automated to run at night with several personalization like only running on wifi etc.

Even simpler. If Android just use G+ Autobackup. You have the option to upload full res which count against your Drive storage space (which you get 15GB free), or unlimited amounts at 2000 pixel wide re-sized. That is easy and you know the photos are getting somewhere other than just the local phone storage.

There is no (as yet) easy way to sync them BACK down to your PC through Drive though. That is a feature I'm hoping they add down the line. You can of course go online and individually download the photos you want manually. Dropbox can do something similar and sync up with Dropbox on your PC.

To everyone and OP...it's easy forget about SD cards sitting in a camera. Yes it's not even remotely stable storage, but it's easy to forget about when you just shoot here and there and put the camera down. I do it myself with my Nikon, and I'm definitely the backup Nazi within my circle of friends/family. Cameras definitely need to be smarter/more connected in this regard.

Back