• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crap...

Rabid Badger

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
2,093
I decided to clean up the wiring in my machine a bit, get rid of extra length, reroute a couple things, etc. When I got it all put back together and booted it up it told me it couldn't find a boot drive.

I pulled everything back apart and found the problem: When I shortened the HDD power cable, I switched the 12V and 5V wires, so I ran 12V through the 5V circuits. :(

I figure this drive is toast, but I thought I'd check to see if there are any tricks to get it working again.
 
If that's all you did, i would suggest finding another drive and replacing the circuit board on it. But that's just if you want to get the data off of it and should be a last resort. I'm sure someone here has alot better things to try first. Try the freezer trick j/k, good luck with it.
 
Have you tried a normal connector to see if it survived by chance?
 
I've tried un-altered connectors on both the sata and the legacy molex power connections. No dice.
 
:S well .. shit happens .. the important thing is that u eat from that shit so u can learn from it ...

anyway ... in those cases, the only thing u could do is a PCB replacement ... hoping that the wiring that goes inside the drive is intact.

Greetings and good luck with the recovery ;)
 
Back
Top