Crap 24 incher?

M4573R

Gawd
Wow...you really left it wide open with your last sentence.:D But since cost is no object I assume you have a beefy videocard...if so you should consider the Dell 3007WFP or the 2707WFP. I'm sure others can offer different suggestions but those 2 pop into my mind as something I would consider if I could justify the cost..

Does Dell normally make good monitors?
I'm trying to find a new monitor for gaming, and can't decide on one. Those dell monitors you listed are a bit big for me, and am thinking about a 24" as to not get too excessive. I still need a great response time.

So what is the difference? Also, I think the LG is for sure the LCD I will get now, any better ones I should look at before I make the purchase? Maybe a 27" :rolleyes:

So what is the difference? Also, I think the LG is for sure the LCD I will get now, any better ones I should look at before I make the purchase? Maybe a 27" :rolleyes:
An S-IPS 24" would be nice but P-MVA is better than S-PVA or TN imo..

in terms of speed/reactivness which display is the best, the LG L245Wp or the Samsung Syncmaster 245B?

How important is input-lag while gaming?

in terms of speed/reactivness which display is the best, the LG L245Wp or the Samsung Syncmaster 245B?

How important is input-lag while gaming?

It depends:

First Person Shooter: Critical. Input Lag will have a severe impact on attempting to bear on moving targets. Most affected are aspects which require leading a target.

Turn Based Strategy / Real Time Strategy: Input Lag is not an issue.

Flight Simulator: Moderate impact. Playable in most cases.

In my opinion LG245 is a better choice than the 245B.

they have 2 different models with the same name so big box stores can say "thats a different model" when someone wants to do a price match.apart from the 1 digit they are identical.

this is quite comon with many products.

Most people have been pretty darn happy with their LG L246WP-BN.

I actually just ordered this monitor. When I get it next week, I'll let you know what I think about it.

Don't buy the Dell 2407HC, it's crap for gaming, it has the worst ghosting and inverted ghosting of all LCD monitors and even web surfing !! There is 24 pages thread on the Dell forum.

The LG is better, no ghostig at all but there is 1 issues with it, at least for me, the srgb mode is the only mode which you can lower the brightness without having blackcrush, but if you decided to increase it then the panel will emit a noise. So I had to play in 6500k mode or user mode and sud surf the web in srgb. For me it was too annoying to switch between these 2 modes everytime. So i returned it.

You cannot use the 6500k mode or user mode to surf the web unless you wear sunglasses because you will burn you eyes ! It's too bright.

You got a bad unit. Mine doesn't emit any noise in sRGB mode. But I have to admit that the black level issue with the other color temp settings is a negative.

Could you increase the brightness over 60 in srgb, the noise appear between 60 and 80
By default it's set to 43 and there is no noise but I found that it was not bright enough fror my taste.
And listen for it, turn off the sound sytem please ;)

Back