Craigslist to Crack Down on Prostitution Ads

HardOCP News

[H] News
Damn it, my plans for the weekend are ruined now…thanks Craigslist!

The Web site Craigslist says it will crack down on ads for prostitution. It is doing so as part of an agreement with attorneys general in 40 states. Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal says the deal will require people who post "erotic services" ads on Craigslist to provide a working phone number and pay a fee with a valid credit card. The Web site will provide that information to law enforcement if subpoenaed to do so.

Prostitution what? You only pay for the conversation. Anything else occurs between two consenting adults and is not tied to any gifts directly or otherwise implied. Too bad that sorry I forgot my wallet trick never works though........... ;):p

There goes my weekend fun. Thanks a lot craigslist!

This is unfair!
How will I be able to buy the i7 and a pair of 4870X2?

Yeah you're supposed to pay and then beat her up and take your money back like in grand theft auto.

Or load like two dozen of them into a bus and just dump them in a lake :p

Yeah that sucks -- I havent actually called up one of those whores yet, but Ive been tempted to... every now and then there is a fine ass asian girl on there, and for 150 bucks, why not?

Thanks for ruining the fun craigslist...

Yeah that sucks -- I havent actually called up one of those whores yet, but Ive been tempted to... every now and then there is a fine ass asian girl on there, and for 150 bucks, why not?

Thanks for ruining the fun craigslist...

venereal disease is one good reason

Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and genital warts are a few other good reasons to avoid the STD dispensers for hire.

Cheaper to go to a bar or a club if you like one night stands.

I'm sure they will just move to face book or myspace if you miss them that much:D

Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and genital warts are a few other good reasons to avoid the STD dispensers for hire.

Cheaper to go to a bar or a club if you like one night stands.

And if you think that is any safer you are sadly mistaken.

For working girls their body and health is their livelyhood for random one night hookups at bars once they are drunk, not so much.

For working girls their body and health is their livelyhood for random one night hookups at bars once they are drunk, not so much.

Depends where you are. In some places it might be safer, in others not so much. In the cases of the ones selling themselves, in the cat houses where they are tested and all that stuff you are probably a lot better off with them then the one night stand. Compare that with a person working the corner for drug money. I'd think the one night stand might be the better choice.

Depends where you are. In some places it might be safer, in others not so much. In the cases of the ones selling themselves, in the cat houses where they are tested and all that stuff you are probably a lot better off with them then the one night stand. Compare that with a person working the corner for drug money. I'd think the one night stand might be the better choice.

One trip to wal-mart works around those limitations - VISA gift card and a disposable cell. This kinda culls the lowest hanging fruit as it were, but doesn't really stop if someone's determined.

One trip to wal-mart works around those limitations - VISA gift card and a disposable cell. This kinda culls the lowest hanging fruit as it were, but doesn't really stop if someone's determined.

What? Wrong thread?

Eh, all the girls on there are in the DO NOT WANT category anyway. (Man, high standards have done a nice job of keeping me far away from certain sectors of society..)

hahahahaha thats funny

By Crack Down they really mean get a peace of the pie.

To stop prostitution we are going to become their pimps.

YOU CAN'T WHORE YOURSELF ON OUR SITE........until you pay us a monthly fee.

greed has no boundaries or morals.

Being with a working girl is safer. That's a new one. Considering that a lot of them do it to buy crack or heroin, I doubt looking after themselves is top priority.

Being with a working girl is safer. That's a new one. Considering that a lot of them do it to buy crack or heroin, I doubt looking after themselves is top priority.

...this coming from a guy named "twatt"

Yeah, I am confused about the pay idea of this. i thought the whole point was craigslist was free....

wait....so now they're just going to legitimise it?

so they will allow it as long as you provie the proper information? I didnt really expect that one......

besides, they already have a "casual encounters" section, which borders on prostitution....except of course it's generally not for pay (or real based on what i've read, since most of them seem to be spam stuffs).

I don't get it. Most of the time dating is just prostitution anyway.

Then you marry her and she gets your money for nothing.

Stupid US laws, just make it legal, tax it, and place it in certain areas.

All the countries that do that, ALSO have rules about health and have dr's doing inspections on a frequent timetable.

I will say that even HERE is SF we just had a ballot initiative JUST to lower the status of prostitution and it actually failed (somewhat close... I would like to see how the vote was spread)

as long as they dont crack down on my supply of crack.. im cool with it.... whores are meant to be murdered by truckers not put ads on the intraweb....

@ssrat

not all of us have such 'liberal' views on prostitution..... i think laws should be more heavily enforced... what if that was your mother, or your sister??? all it does is ruin lives, drugs, pimps, aids, murders all sorts of nasty shit.... they should be locked up for their own safety...

@ssrat

not all of us have such 'liberal' views on prostitution..... i think laws should be more heavily enforced... what if that was your mother, or your sister??? all it does is ruin lives, drugs, pimps, aids, murders all sorts of nasty shit.... they should be locked up for their own safety...

Legalized prositution does not lead to any of the shit that you mentioned ILLEGAL protestion does.

In Nevada is it legal, and they don't have though problems that you mentioned. The girls aren't working the street corner. Instead you have a place of business that you go to in order to get a girl. The one that I seen on Penn & Teller I believe said they test the girls weekly for STDs. Assuming that is the standard, that would cut down on AIDs. There is no pimp. There is an owner that "rents" out a room to the girls and gives them supplies (condoms, lube,...) and provides security. So there isn't going to be anyone getting robbed or killed. As it is a place of business they aren't going to want to rent out to girls that are drugged up so you aren't going to have thing like that. There is nothing there to "ruin" ones life.

It is when it is illegal that you run into stuff like you mentioned.

Of course there are going to be excepts and if legal there still would be people working the street corner for drug money. But overall it would not increase any of the stuff that you mentioned if done in the same manor that they do it now where it is legal.

As for you sister or mother question. How would that be any different than if your sister was at the bar a few times a week finding a different guy to fuck every time? At least if protestion was legal you know there was a better chance of her not getting the shit beat out of her or possible killed by some strange man she picked up at the bar when drunk. On top of that she would be making money for putting herself out there. So for her it would be better off being the prositute than just a whore.

Yeah you're supposed to pay and then beat her up and take your money back like in grand theft auto.
Lol, that's what I do...
venereal disease is one good reason
condoms is one good way to prevent that. Read a health journal.

You speak truth....

I was just trying to find a chick on to come over and LAN with me :(
Haha, I LOL'ed.
I would say something, but everyone else already did. Unless you were joking, then... lol.
I don't get it. Most of the time dating is just prostitution anyway. Then you marry her and she gets your money for nothing.
Haha, I LOL'ed again, thanks.

definitions for prostitution:
1. The act or practice of engaging in sex acts for hire.
2. The act or an instance of offering or devoting one's talent to an unworthy use or cause.

ive been with my girl for the better part of 3 years. she takes my money every day. she then has sex with me because she knows that if she doesn't, she wont get anymore money out of me.

my girlfriend is a total whore. fallout3 and gta4 have shown me that the only way to deal with a whore is to pay them, sleep with them, and then kill them and take my money back. besides, theres more women in the world than men anyway. im a libra so im into the whole 'balancing' thing.

i dont want my girl to be a prostitute and goto jail. i am going to stop buying her things and giving her my money. hey, i guess thats another felony right there. shes raping my wallet. man, i love her so much, i really dont want her to get in trouble.

i think i am going to have to direct her to craigslist so that we can turn this relationship into something legitimate.

Thanks for saving my relationship craigslist!

Awww man. No more of the cute asian woman saying "Me so horny." through Craigslist. :(

definitions for prostitution:
1. The act or practice of engaging in sex acts for hire.
2. The act or an instance of offering or devoting one's talent to an unworthy use or cause.
*snip*
i dont want my girl to be a prostitute and goto jail. i am going to stop buying her things and giving her my money. hey, i guess thats another felony right there. shes raping my wallet. man, i love her so much, i really dont want her to get in trouble.

You forgot about the number one crime women do to all men who are in relationships with them. THEY ARE RAPING OUR TIME! If you take time from me that I did not want to give up, it is called rape. You are raping my time. LOL sorry, I had to paraphrase from Patrice O'Neal.

Back