Craigslist’s CEO Is Not Sending You A Free iPad

HardOCP News

[H] News
The lame scam of the day has to be this free iPad scam making the rounds on Craigslist. I know there is not a single one of you that would fall for something this stupid…but we all know someone that would. This part is pretty funny:

They're doing a drawing to choose random users to send free iPads to--no strings attached! Well, except that you have to complete a bunch of affiliate offers to get the "free" iPad. And for some reason the CEO of Craigslist uses a Hotmail address. And has changed his name from Jim Buckmaster to Herman Fischer.

I think the people that fall for this deserve to be scammed. There needs to be punishment for that level of stupidity. Or perhaps not, perhaps they're just mentally retarded and need help.

damn, guess I need to go christmas shopping after all. my daughter will be disappointed after all.

I think the people that fall for this deserve to be scammed. There needs to be punishment for that level of stupidity. Or perhaps not, perhaps they're just mentally retarded and need help.

That may be true, but because they fall for it we are stuck with even more spam due to spammers making a buck off of the dummies. :mad:

That may be true, but because they fall for it we are stuck with even more spam due to spammers making a buck off of the dummies. :mad:

So true. I still get people asking me to mail my item overseas whenever I post anything on the site. "I will pay you double the amount to mail it to Africa."

The same kid that contacted my friend who was selling CoD PC Steam coupon and after arranged meeting asking for the game disk and has no idea what Steam is... Yeah, these people better off just get scammed.

First I don't hear a word about this, until now, now the guys backing down from his promise to send me a free iPad? What a jerk... ;P

People fall for the most obvious scams... and sometimes its people that are richhhhh.

.....stupid people, it makes you wonder how some people actually live sometimes.

It's one thing that you see stupid scams and you think.. "Who would ever fall for something so dumb?"
It's worse when you know so many people who would...

Back