• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crackling on logitech Z-680

kidcash

n00b
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Messages
8
I currently use the onboard sound card on my MSI 875P NEO FISR,
I also use the logitech Z-680 surround system. And i use an Optical cable to connect it.

sometimes on music i get slight crackling/popping noises.
On GTA VICE CITY it is horrible, while driving a car i get a lot of crackling, i can still hear the other sounds fine but i still get crackling
 
If you use headphones does it continue? If so I'd suggest uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, if not It's a speaker problem.
 
I'd way sooner blame the onboard audio before the speakers. There could be a ton of reasons for that crackling. First and foremost, if you have it hooked up, get rid of that cable that connects the cdrom and audio-in. If that doesn't work then try at least two other driver sets. Disable all items in mixer one by one and see if that helps (there's a lot of unneccesary stuff in there that can cause hiss or crackling). These issues creep even more often in games BTW.

There's a few other things to try that i can't remember but i highly doubt its the speakers ;). Onboard audio is just known to have issues like that, usually related to some sort of interference and whatnot.

Most people end up buying a pci soundcard, probably due to frustration, but who can blame them?
 
Try running them in "6 CH Direct" mode on the regular cable. I found running them this way gives the best sound. I have the speakers, and love them. But the above statements are correct. On board audio is decent at best. Get yourself an Audigy 2 Zs card. Can get them for pretty cheap these days.
 
Back
Top