Crackling Audio problems

Tukyboy67

n00b
Hey guys. I have a sony mutuki home theatre. I use mainly for music through my ps3 connected with hdmi. And then TV out also hdmi. Samsung 43in plasma if it important. Recently iv noticed a almost buzzing static in all speakers but it's not always. I thought it was ps3 or hdmi cord as in beginning it would stop when ps3 hdmi was removed.but it was also on all inputs when I tested. Left for a few days reconnected and no buzz. So 1 week goes bye then I'm playing mgs v and POP. All sound is static. Music, YouTube, etc so I turned off system as I thought was blown. Connected ps3 direct to TV both cords fine. Tried stereo again. Sound working but crackling on and off. Iv wiggled cords. Tried different cords. Different inputs etc. I can't figure it out. Perfect today. Fukd tomorrow without touching a cord. It's driving me mental. Please comment any reply or thoughts welcome.

It's not so old. How could you tell? And if receiver fukd could you replace just one component?

It's not so old. How could you tell? And if receiver fukd could you replace just one component?

I am sure you could find the bad component or components and fix them. Google the model number and if it is a common issue perhaps you will find out DIY fixes or isolate where the problem may be. Part of the trouble would be finding the electrical schematic online...or you could give asking Sony a shot and see if they can provide.

It may not be worth paying an electrical repair find the trouble...but it would be worth consulting with them on an estimated cost.

Hmm. Does anyone have contacts that may know more about this kind of thing. Iv noticed alot of people on the site 2 degrees of separation sort of thing. Can only get static today.

I have a similar issue but only in hulu. Some trailers crackle on it. But if I use hulu through my t.v. or bluray player, it doesn't. I haven't figured out a fix yet.

Are there different sound fields to choose from? I used to have an all-in-one home theater from Sony a few years ago and it loved to enable a faux surround sound field that permanently emitted a low level hum from all of my speakers. By selecting the "same as source" option, that fixed it.

I cannot choose any sound fields when ps3 is being used. It automatically comes up with a LFE. Low frequency effects artificial and I cannot switch fields. It just comes up not used. I can change when pa3 not connected or on different input. Today sounds are perfectly working

Do you think any stray wires that are on the speaker output posts or posts on the speakers may be loose or straying to the other pole?

I'm pretty sure all the speaker wiring is sweet bro. Iv taken it Al to bits a few times. So confusing. Iv had two days no problems then I'm listening and crackling starts. Worse and worse until I pause YouTube. Play and absolutely nothing. It's like interferance starts and then takes over. Y would a bad component work sometimes. Problem is only with audio pictures are perfect always

Back