Cracking open my acer LCD

birdmw

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
109
How would I begin to open this Acer AL1916W monitor. I am not familiar with this little lock logo with a "K" on it in the lower right, do I need a special tool?

I can't find any other obvious screws or places to start opening at, I removed two screws from the stand but nothing came loose. Any help would be appreciated :)
 
Why would you break it?

You don't need to do anything with the Kensington lock slot.

Just unscrew all the screws, and gently use a flathead screw driver to pop open the edges.
 
Take out any VESA mounting screws on the back, then turn it over and find a tiny flat edged device to start "popping" the front bezel off with. Once you get a gap, you can use a plastic ruler or old credit card, etc...and just slide it along inside the gap to pop the rest of the bezel off.

Watch out for wires leading to the OSD controls, etc...

If I may ask, what are you taking it apart for?
 
Back
Top