Cracked WhiteWater, Cont'd.

orkan

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, D-tek sent me the new top to my block long ago, and since then I have re-designed my system so I figured I would share. :)

The original thread is here.

The new top is actually 2 peices: 1) A copper middle section that contains the jet and 2 outlets. 2) The top that contains the hose barbs. The top appears to be hard anodized, so there should be no type of corrosion at all.
whitewater_copper1.jpg

whitewater_copper2.jpg

whitewater_copper3.jpg

Oddly enough, this same base with the new top, performs better than the original poly top that I had. I examined the two tops before I put it back together and noticed that the poly top did not have a tappered jet, but the copper one did. Very interesting indeed.

I had originally had all of my WC components in an external enclosure. I figured it would look much better, and perhaps perform better if I put everything in closer proximity inside the case. The case being a Lian Li PC-60, there was not much room. So it was time to mod.

First thing I did was cut a blowhole in the top of the case.
blowhole1.jpg

Next, I needed to find a spot for the radiator. I wanted maximum performance, and didn't want to chop a big square out of the front of my case, so I chose to put it in the bottom.
radiator1.jpg

The poor poor drive tray gets a beat down:
radiator2.jpg

Of course, If I am going to use the bottom of the case for an intake, I have to raise it up a bit. So I used machine bolts, and black electric fence insulators as feet.
feet1.jpg

feet2.jpg

The radiator fit nicely. :)
radiator3.jpg

Hooked everything back up and enjoyed my new found mobility.
nearly_done.jpg

Still more work to be done, but I'm considering a new case, as this one will no doubt be even more cramped with future mods.

Looks very nice and fine orkan! Didn't your case temps increase too much with the hot air being blown in?

Nope... not at all actually. With two 80mm and 1 120mm side intakes, 1 80mm, and 1 120mm exhaust... it stays nice and cool in there.

it doesnt appear he screwed it into the drive cage :(
hope it doesnt crack on you...

Back