Crackdown multiplayer>GOW multiplayer

I wouldn't doubt it lol, GoW multiplayer in deathmatch pisses me off, I don't have the time/skill to compete with everyone else :)

I'm sorry, but NO WAY.

As great as Crackdown is, it doesn't compare to Gears of War. Crackdown is limited to 2-player Co-Op online. That alone keeps it from being better than Gears of War online. At least in GoW you get 2-player Co-Op and up to 8-player versus modes.

And another thing, they are two completely different games, so why are you comparing them in the first place?

Looking for validation for his purchase of a game that will no doubt get boring and extremely repetitive within the next few weeks?

And another thing, they are two completely different games, so why are you comparing them in the first place?

You can't compare the two games, on likeness, as they're two different types of games, but perhaps he's comparing how much fun he's having/had with each. Different strokes for different folks. Either way, londonandlawson, that's cool you like it that much. I still haven't even tried the demo. :(

While they both have co-op and certain competitive capabilities, the Crackdown competitiveness is relatively weak. You're limited to 1v1s, and I believe you may need to be at war with the Peacekeepers to get easy auto lock on your partner. Co-op between the two is more interesting, as the free-form nature can have you and a pal doing whatever, whenever, practically, in such an open city in Crackdown, while in Gears, there is much more intensity and on insane, a dependence on your partner. I have both games, and I give the lead to Gears by a margin.

Pointless flame-bait title. The thread isn't made because of affinity for Crackdown, it was made to troll the numerous GoW fans in hopes of causing a flamewar. Really should just be closed.

Thank God we live in a world where we can have differing opinions. It's great that you think that Crackdown is better than GoW, but, as stated, don't look for us to help validate your purchase. If you like it, then play it. Me? I enjoy being chainsawed :p

i like rs:vegas better then both co-op and multiplayer. I loved GOW untill i got vegas though.

crackdown is one of those games that sound meh and even during intitially playing you think it is meh, then you start playing and you realize why the name crack is in the title and you wonder why you are now scanning roofs looking for more agility orbs in rl.

with that said, i still prefer GoW

im with firebuster. rs:vegas has the best multiplayer on the 360. gears is all about rushing the power weapons. and only 4v4 ? that's pretty weak. besides the larger amount of gametypes (versus and coop), vegas offers the experience system letting you unlock better weapons and armor.

comparing crackdown to vegas or gears is just an exercise in futility. with that said, all my gaming time has been dedicated to crackdown recently. it's just plain addicting trying to find all the orbs. i love playing coop. saying to my buddy "hey get over here so we can do this race", and then promptly shoving a cluster grenade up his ass. i laugh and laugh......until he returns the favor with a homing rocket to my dome.

now my friend and i are going back and forth about which is better: nba street or crackdown. the comparison is valid since they both came out on the same day - he elected to get street, and i got crackdown.

he actually tried telling me that crackdown is way too linear! how the hell can you call the game linear AT ALL ?

Looking for validation for his purchase of a game that will no doubt get boring and extremely repetitive within the next few weeks?

I dont have GoW so I can not comment on the validity of multiplayer between the 2 as far as the genres are concerned. I know what GoW is and I know what kind of game it is so I know the differences between the 2. Maybe he was meaning the fun factor of the 2 games while being in MP mode who knows. To me it doesnt really matter.
I dont "personally" agree with your comment though. I bought my first 360 so I could play this game and I even find that price validated to me. Yes I will be buying more games but this game was the one that brought me over to buying a 360 since I never saw myself doing it before. I have been playing Crackdown for a week and it is by no means getting boring.

Back