Crackdown Demo On XBL

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are a Xbox 360 owner, fire up your console and hit the Xbox Live Marketplace and download the new Crackdown demo. You can see screenshots and a gameplay video here.

Crackdown pushes the action-driving hybrid genre into the next generation with the first ever truly 3-D playground. Enforce justice by any means necessary in Pacific City, a crime-ridden urban center primed to explode and ready for you to explore.

I don't get the rationale for making demos Live Gold exclusive. Why would you create something to inspire interest in a product, and then make sure the consumers can't get at it. It all comes back to the hidden cost of the 360, which nobody ever tallies into its purchase price.

Hidden cost? no one is saying you have to download this demo or have a gold subscription but at about 4 bucks a month... its hardly a huge expense. Besides the ability to play online is definitaly worth it.. why would you own a 360 and not want to play some Rainbow6 vegas online?? it is the best. best purchase ive ever made..

I can promise you that several thousand people will decide to upgrade to Gold Live! In order to get that Demo ... and guess what, that's exactly what Microsoft wants.

Maybe you didn't bite, but many many others did.

Am I the only one tired of GTA clones?

This one is so close to the GTA formula, that the insignificant differences aren't worth mentioning.

You know, I thought the same thing...until Saints Row came along. All GTA clones aren't bad so I am willing to give them a whack because you never know.

*Disclaimer* I have the demo (but haven't played yet).

Am I the only one tired of GTA clones?

This one is so close to the GTA formula, that the insignificant differences aren't worth mentioning.

This game is nothing like GTA:SA, sans the sandbox aspects.

This game is nothing like GTA:SA, sans the sandbox aspects.

[sarcasm] Oh no. It is a gaming revolution for sure... Throwing people out of cars, driving around in big cities, killing bad guys, missions - but this time at the other side of the law and with a superficial level system. Not like GTA at all... [/sarcasm]

Back