Crack your own password?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDubzs

Limp Gawd
I know this is probably a stupid question and stupid situation, but I'm desperate now. Okay, so I totally forgot my password for an online account. I know its about 5 or 6 characters with just lowercase letters and numbers. I can't get back in no matter what. My stupid self never registered an email with it, so I can't restet the password. I know it wouldn't be too hard to crack or possibly even guess, but I've exhausted every guess. I've looked into rainbow tables and hashes and salt and everything, but I don't know where to start. I read an article of some article reporter with 0 knowledge of the matter who by the end of the day could crack 8000 out of 16000 passwords, so if he can do it, I should be able to too. Please help me with any info on where to start or to do. I know people will say I'm lying and trying to crack someone elses password, but i can assure that im not... words and promises aren't much, but please believe me. I also cannot make a new account, I really want to keep this account, but I just cannot remember the password for the life of me, so I can only hack into it now. Please and thanks for any help.

I would send an e-mail to admin giving as many details as possible and see if they can send you a password resent. I don't know too many sites that let you make an account without an e-mail address...

I would send an e-mail to admin giving as many details as possible and see if they can send you a password resent. I don't know too many sites that let you make an account without an e-mail address...

That's the exact thing. The actual admins of the site itself aren't even that active and they don't care about lost passwords, theyre not even allowed to Reset passowrds for people since it might be somebody else trying. I've already tried contacting them, but to no success. The rule of the site is you can reset it with your email, but if you have not registered an email wih the account, you just gotta guess it or make a new account. Hacking your own password seems to be the only thing around this.

Since you don't have the database or hashes you're basically going to be bruteforcing an online password which is super slow. Generally this is easily preventable by locking out users who fail too many passwords.
With [a-z0-9] and 6 characters there are 32^6 combinations. If your password was a dictionary word then this would obviously be much less. Don't even bother if it's over TOR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back