CPU-Z Showing RAM at PC2-6400, should be PC2-8500

I am a bit confused on the reading from CPU-Z, it is showing that my memory is Max Bandwidth at PC2-6400 (400Mhz). In the bios, it shows 1066Mhz. The memory I have are (2) Patriot Extreme Performance PC2-8500 1066Mhz (5-5-5-9) 2GB(2x1GB) Kit.

I run the Vista Performance Index and I am only getting a 5.5. I just upgraded to 780i from 680i and the rating was maxed at 5.9. I have upgraded bios to P4 on the motherboard. I ran Memtest and passed with no problems.

Please any help with this problem would be appreciated.

Peace

Thanks for all the replies, really appreciated it. Let me add some screenshots of what I am dealing with. Thanks

CureforCancer259.jpg

VistaPerformanceIndexSnap.jpg

CPU-ZSnapShot-1.jpg

CPU-ZSnapShot-2.jpg

EverestMotherboardSpecSnap.jpg

EverestMemorySpecSnap.jpg

MemsetSpecSnap.jpg

Your welcome.
The JEDEC only provides the standard for the PC2-6400 (DDR2-800 MHz) memory speed... LOL
Your Patriot 8500ELK it's basically an overclocked PC2-6400 memory, so the SPD table will be set for PC2-6400 speeds. :p

It only shows JEDEC at 1.8v, your ram is most likely 1066 at a higher voltage than 1.8v.

So why am I bottlenecking at a 5.5 on the Vista Performance Test? I set the voltage at 2.3V.

CPU-ZSnapShot-2.jpg

That shows you're running at 1066, not 800. As stated, your memory is basically overclocked. I have to ask why you care about "Vista Performance Test". Basically, it's possible to have faster memory. Don't worry about it. In the real world, that test means nothing.

Thanks for the response, its just didnt look right in my eyes. In regards to that Vista test, i had 5.9 before, i was expecting again.

Performance test numbers can go up/down depending on what you ahev running in the background also. One time you may have been running AIM or something, the next not.

Performance test numbers can go up/down depending on what you ahev running in the background also. One time you may have been running AIM or something, the next not.

The thing is that this was a fresh install. With the motherboard upgrade, i did not want anything to be a possible glitch. I just see that test as an easy test. Dont I have decent memory, shouldnt it have passed with hight ratings?

The Vista Performance Test is pretty stupid and pointless, don't worry about the score you get from it because frankly it doesn't matter.

ok, what test would you guys recommend and what type of results should i get running stock configurations.

Back