• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CPU-Z reading speeds wrong

DangerIsGo

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
3,000
My fathers board, my old one, the A8N-SLI Deluxe with the 3200+ chip along with 2GB of RAM (4x512MB Kingston value 3-3-3-7 2T) Well, Lets say I OC to anything (last time I used it, My OC's were fine along with CPU-Z's readings) CPUZ will read my correct FSB but w/ a multiplier of x5 and whatever the value of that is for the core, which is definitely wrong. And when I go to check the RAM frequency, its also wrong as well as the Vcore is fluctuating a lot. Now, If you say CPUZ is wrong, I go into clockgen and it reads the same thing! I start Lost Coast and it reads what CPUZ reads. Going into system properties, windows readings, it says the correct core speed and it says it correct as well in the BIOS. But when I put everything @ stock, its all fine in windows, CPUZ and ClockGen. What could be up with this? I have the latest version of CPUZ and the correct clockGen and the latest BIOS (1015). There was only one time when I set the FSB to 240 w/ 1 GB of RAM installed that CPUZ read it correctly, along with ClockGen. Then when I restarted to change more things, back it went. Heres a screenshot of what it looks like.
CPUZ.jpg

If you look at the Vcore, it looks fine becuase I used ClockGen to adjust the settings in windows so its not reading its normal 1.2 - 1.4 fluctuating voltage range. Anyone know anything? Thanks.
 
The only way I can get an accurate reading from cpu-z is run super pi or something in the background that pulls on the cpu then cpu-z will read correctly. I run a 3.2ghz processor which has a mutliplier of 16. CPU-Z shows it as a multiplier of 14. This makes 4300 look like 3700.I wrote to CPU-Z, their rep ackowledges this glitch. It was he that told me to run something in the background to get it to show the proper speed. Hey you can even run virus scan in the background just long enough to get a screenie of the correct settings.. Hope this helps....

WZ
 
Run some sort of cpu intensive app, then check clockgen again. Anything from virus scan to dvdshrink, prime95, superpi, folding@home.....might be c n q throttling your cpu down.

Edit...just noticed you have the dfi expert board.....it might be a glitch with that new mobo... :confused:
 
brendank310 said:
do you have cool n quiet enabled?
might be


danger, try running prime95, see what cpu reports when the cpu is loaded


edit! damn i need to read the thread first :rolleyes: :p
spooge, the expert is in his sig, but he says somethign about an asus in the post ;)
 
Back
Top