CPU waterblock question

botreaper10

Limp Gawd
So I am currently running a D-tek fusion V2 waterblock on my FX-8120. Are there any substantial upgrades as far as waterblocks go currently? As it stands I'm running a triple 120, dual pass radiator and the only thing in the loop is the processor. I'm seeing idle temperatures in the mid to low 30 degree Celsius range. Load is upwards of 50 degrees Celsius.

That waterblock is fairly outdated, and I believe newer blocks are at least 4 C better than it. Even when it was released, its claim to fame was the low restriction with good cooling performance, not great cooling performance.

I would suggest looking into the Swiftech Apogee HD.

While you can get slightly better temperatures with a newer waterblock, I doubt it will make a practical difference in your processor overclock at all. I would stick with what you have unless you are building a new PC, at which point it is easier to justify an upgrade. Upgrading your existing system without changing any other parts is just spending money for the sake of spending money.

From the roundups I found on [H] (courtesy of Bundymania and Stren), the D-tek Fuzion V2 is about 5 C worse than the top blocks. Yeah, that probably won't make much of a difference overclocking-wise.

I really appreciate that guys, thanks. It looks like I'll be holding off for a little while longer. Thanks again

Back