CPU-Waterblock mate

1_rick

Supreme [H]ardness
This is a Corsair H150i pro and a Ryzen 3600x that I just separated. The cpu temps hit 90C in prime 95; my 1600x under a kraken x52 never got that hot. It looks like I could use a bit less paste when I reattach the cold plate, but other than that does the mount look ok? When I took the Mobo of of the case, the mounting plate send kind of bored up in the middle. I didn't think to get a picture of that, but is that something that matters? I'm trying to get my thermals down.

Idle temps tend to bounce around in the 35-40 range with recent bios updates.

"When I took the Mobo of of the case, the mounting plate send kind of bored up in the middle."

Not sure what you mean?
When you took the mb out of the case the mounting bracket seemed kind of bored up in the middle...?

if the mounting plate was bowed up isn't that what holds the waterblock down against the cpu?

Sorry--I typed that on my phone & didn't notice the typo.

The mounting plate that attaches to the waterblock looked a bit bowed up in the middle. In any event, I took the motherboard out of the case tonight, put on less TIM this time, and remounted the block with the motherboard out of the case. It was MUCH easier to attach this time, and the thing looked a bit straighter. Now CPU-Z stress tests show temps of like ~70 and Prime95 torture shows ~83 (although I've only run the latter for a few minutes so far.)

Turns out something was wonky and the radiator fans weren't even spinning--that's been fixed, too.

Back