• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

cpu voltage settings

ann0yanc3

Gawd
Joined
Nov 27, 2004
Messages
515
I initially had my voltage set to default, which showed 1.248V under CPU-Z. Last night, I set my voltage manually to 1.25 in the BIOS and now CPU-Z shows 1.272V.

I'm confused as I thought that CPU-Z would show a lesser value that your BIOS setting.

Also, I set my voltage lower to 1.125 in the BIOS, the system booted fine with my overclock. Once I get a stable overclock at the spec voltage (1.25V, right?), should I try to lower the voltage as much as possible?

Thanks.

Systems specs:

ASUS Rampage Formula
E4800 @ 3.6 (9x400) @ 1.25V (~1.27V)
4GB (2x2GB) Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 5-5-5-18 (1066mhz @ 2.1V)
Diamond Radeon 4870x2
 
Sure you always wanna run as little voltage as possible for any rated speed. The more you OC the more you'll need of course though
 
Back
Top