• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CPU voltage for a 3200+ Venice

Joined
Oct 27, 2005
Messages
49
What is a good voltage for a 3200+ Venice? I've never really messed around with the voltage too much, but I want to push this thing a bit harder, so I figure I need a higher voltage rate, but I don't want to damage the CPU.
 
I won’t go above 1.5 for everyday use, I like my gear to last. I’ve used up to 1.7 for benching but frankly the Venice just won’t scale well when you do that.

Keep in mind the following:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=761614

Always make sure you have a really good cooler as well. The XP-90 with the Thermal Take Cat-90 fan is hard to beat.

Luck
 
I actually have a Zalman 7000b on the 3200. I think I'm good for cooling.

Also, HyperTransport. What does it mean to me, how can it be overclocked, and what are the upsides to doing so?
 
1.5-1.55v should be fine for everyday use and if you have a good cooler (i.e. XP-90C, Big Typhoon, Scythe Ninja) 1.6v should be okay as well . . .

Just don't go much beyond 1.6v unless you're using water . . .

HT = FSBxLDT

So increasing your FSB will increase your HT. So will increasing the LDT (HT multiplier)

Just make sure to never go above 1100 . . .

Also as long as your HT is around 800 or above, you won't even notice it at all, even if it's below 800, it's the least important factor when it comes to performance . . .
 
Back
Top