CPU upgrade???

SamiiRoss

Gawd
i got an i5 2500s it still good for gaming? i will be playing games like COD/BF/Batman/FarCry and Crysis.

i wont be Overclocking anything.

Specs:
Case: Silverstone FT03-mini
Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3-1866
Mobo: ZOTAC H77-ITX WiFi [H77ITX-B-E]
CPU: i5 2500s
GPU: MSI 780 GTX
PSU: SILVERSTONE ST45SF 450W
SSD: Micron c400 512gb
HDD: WD Green 3TB

If your only running @1080p, the improvements you'd probably see would be pretty small and only in games like BF4 multiplayer.

It depends on how much money you have laying around and how much you want to spend. Like I said, you would see some small improvements if you went to an I-7 chip, but it wouldn't be worth the money spent IMO.

@ 1080p that's fine. 1440+ and you may want to think about a better CPU for CPU intensive titles.

i will be playing at 1080p, small improvements will be something like 5fps?

Yes. BF4-miltiplayer is one of the few games you'd see measurable improvements. Most games get much more CPU intensive when you get in multiplayer with large maps. Games like BF4 and WOW both come to mind. If you're playing single player in all those games though, I'd say you'd be looking at 5-7fps (if that) difference between an i-5 and i-7.

BF4 on a 64 player map, the difference can be 15-25fps or more though.

I'd say stick with your current proc unless you can find one for really cheap after selling your old one.

My 2400 doesn't seem slow by any means compared to my 4770K. More of my 6870 CF slowing things down in more GPU intensive games compared to my 780.

I'd say stick with your current proc unless you can find one for really cheap after selling your old one.

My 2400 doesn't seem slow by any means compared to my 4770K. More of my 6870 CF slowing things down in more GPU intensive games compared to my 780.

thanks guys, i will put those $150 in my savings account! :D

Back