• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

cpu upgrade question

john5527

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 31, 2008
Messages
64
Can somebody tell me if this cpu upgrade is worth the money? I have an E4600 dual core running at 2.4ghz (2M L2 Cache, 2.40 GHz, 800 MHz FSB). I was looking at upgrading to the E6700 2.66ghz (4M Cache, 2.66 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB). Is the extra cache and small ghz increase worth it for $50.00. Does the different front side bus speed matter? thanks, I was wanting a bit more performance in games with my new video card, a gtx 460, until I buy a whole new pc. Would this show me any improvement in gaming or should I just wait until I build a new pc. Thx
 
If you have a Microcenter nearby, and you can afford it, just do a straight upgrade to a 2500k platform for ~$300. It'll literally be a night and day performance difference.
 
If you have a Microcenter nearby, and you can afford it, just do a straight upgrade to a 2500k platform for ~$300. It'll literally be a night and day performance difference.

thx, will look into this.
 
Back
Top