• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

CPU Upgrade Help?

john5527

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 31, 2008
Messages
64
Is it possible to upgrade my cpu to this processor, and would it be worth it. I have an 2.4ghz dual core now. Can I do any better at all? Thanks
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115056

Here is pc wizard data:

Manufacturer : ASUSTek Computer INC. (Asus)
Product : Leonite2
Version : 6.00
Serial Number : MS1C75S10101996
Support MP : Yes, 2 CPU(s)
Version MPS : 1.4
 
Still haven't upgraded?

The HP site shows that the max supported is an E6700. However, It is not worth upgrading at this point if it is going to cost you over $100. I would save your money for a new system.

LOL.:p Yeah I went from the 1.8ghz to 2.4ghz dual core, which really seemed to make a nice jump for me in some games. I haven't rebuilt my pc though since then as I stopped playing games for awhile. Now I am back into gaming and really notice the lag. I was hoping to make a small bump for a year or so since money is tight right now. but if I wouldn't see any diff. I won't do it. thanks though.
 
Upgrading you will see a difference. However, that money is better spent on a new system, as you can get vastly more powerful systems for just a bit more money, especially if you have a Microcenter nearby.
 
Back
Top