• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CPU U HELP ME CHOOSE

NeverBeGosu

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Messages
108
Getting an MSI G65 this week and am still unsure what im going to put in it. Is the 750 still the best bang for my buck to throw into this motherboard. Ill be running 8 gigs of corsair xms 1066 ram, dominator series. Ill be running sata hard drive and looking at doing video editing and stuff with SC2 beta that I got yesterday. Let me know. Thanks guys. Oh yeah running for video bfg 270 oc.
 
Bumping for the help really want to upgrade to intel for better performance with fraps + vie editing conversion exc. Will the i5 750 overclock and out perform my amd 955 black edition phenom2 quad? or will it be a waist of 400 bones for the processor mobo upgrade.
 
Bumping for the help really want to upgrade to intel for better performance with fraps + vie editing conversion exc. Will the i5 750 overclock and out perform my amd 955 black edition phenom2 quad? or will it be a waist of 400 bones for the processor mobo upgrade.

If you can go for it, here is what I recommend............

Wait for Thuban which is looking to be a very nice value, and it will fit in AM3 boards and possibly some AM2+ boards

or if you can't wait.....

Get a motherboard with the X58 chipset and a $200 Intel Core i7 930 that is on sale at Micro Center. This will give you triple channel memory, and I hear those 930's are insanely overclockable. You can overclock and get greater than Core i7 975 speeds for 1/4th the price.
 
Ok Ive done some reading up on the Thuban Cpu from a few spots. It looks like a game winner, but eaither way I would like to do an upgrade of the processor and mobo, the mobo is pretty old, I would have to use the current one in my sig with the Thuban. What, in your (H) opinion, would be a good option for AM3 board. Ive done so much research on GD65/80 and not a thing on AMD. I can do the research and will, but I know you guys know this stuff better then I do. Money isnt really an Issue. I would have to buy ram to if switching to the tri channel. So if I can find ram/board/and the new chip for under 600 I would be set. But I could go higher if needed. keep the ideas coming mates.
 
Back
Top