cpu temps

robff8

n00b
I just finished building a new computer. I would like to know if my cpu is not overheating. My cpu is a 2.4 p4 533 with retail fan/heatsink.

32 celsius
90 fahrenhe

Are these good numbers?

great temps indeed. It's always good to be able to keep these scorchin' Pentiums down to 30C on idle.....and I'm happy with my 25 degrees on my 2.6C. ;)

Originally posted by chrisf6969
see the STICKY thread "AM I TOO HOT?" - its ALL ABOUT TEMPS in general Overclocking & cooling... http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=704251

I love that thread just 'cus there's still so many people out there just getting into this enthusiast market of ours and there's so many people to help. :)

EDIT: Not the best thread to post any "look at my temps" posts though, more of a Q&A session for people having troubles.

Originally posted by robff8
Now my temps are 40 celsius and 100 fahrenheit. Is this bad?

40C still isn't that bad.....is that stock or overclocked? idle or load?

I like running Speedfan, it also controls my fan speeds. I don't use the fanmate on my Zalman 7000 and using Speedfan to reduce the hs fanspeed drops my system's noise to almost nothing.

Originally posted by MontyAC
I like running Speedfan, it also controls my fan speeds. I don't use the fanmate on my Zalman 7000 and using Speedfan to reduce the hs fanspeed drops my system's noise to almost nothing.

I'm not sure WHY you'd ever have to lower the speed on the Zalman but whatever. I can't seem to hear it unless it's out of the case RIGHT next to my ear so I'm not quite sure what kinda rig YOU'VE got there. ;) :p

I actually REALLY like MBM 'cus of it's latest release and some of the things they added in. Not only can you have it display just about anything in the dashboard but it now has the added ability to display cpu and case temps in the system tray and well as cpu usage for BOTH of my processors (with HT of course). Maybe some of these things were here before, I really can't remember 'cus I never used to use MBM, now I'm hooked. Below are some shots of me at 2.6GHz, and the amazing MBM. :cool:

Here's me 1 or 2 degrees below my max load temp Folding for the [H]orde:

pic0016.bmp

And here's me on idle, not to shabby indeed. ;) :

pic0017.bmp

Originally posted by cornelious0_0
I'm not sure WHY you'd ever have to lower the speed on the Zalman but whatever. I can't seem to hear it unless it's out of the case RIGHT next to my ear so I'm not quite sure what kinda rig YOU'VE got there. ;) :p

Just say I like my system real quiet. :)

This is my idle speed setting:

Speedfan1.jpg

37C isn't THAT bad for idle, what clock are you at? I assume stock. If so you really make me thankfull for my 22C ;)

Unless you're running like a 3.2C or something, but i don't know.

This is an overclocked 2.6c at 3.2 in an Abit IS7 board. The temps are fine.

I use Intel Active Monitor that can with my Intel express intaller cd. Is this a decent way to check my temps? My new computer doesn't have internet conection right now so I'm on my old computer and connot download the motherboard monitor software you all recomend. The rest of my system is
Pentium 4 2.4 533 cpu at stock speed with stock cooling
Intel D845PEBT2 motherboard
512 ram
80 gb hard drive
radeon 9800 pro
Samsung dvd/cd burner combo

When you guys say idle does that mean when I first turn on my pc? If so then my cpu temp is 32 celsius 95 fahrenheit. Load must mean when I finish playing a game it says 40 celsius 100 fahrenheit.

firstly, i don't get how some of you people have idle temps such as 25C or 30C - don't know how about you, but i like warm air in my room, so i tend to have like 25C air temperature, so there's kinda no way i could go that low with case or even cpu temps.

next, i'm just wondering if my mb is reading temps too high, because i get 40/48 in idle (case/cpu) and about 43/60 under load. measured with winbond hw doc v2.71 on abit is7 mobo. also i have 3 case fans that's why i think my mb is reading bit too high.
what do you think?

edit: lol, forgot to say i have 2.4 oced to 2.8

Well Abit does have a long history of being a frequent supplier of mobo's that do read temps to high.....but I had the MAX3! with no issues at all so who knows. ;)

To tell you the truth, I don't even know what my room temperature is. I'm pretty sure that my room temp is ABOUT 20C or so. Considering my case temp is like 30C I'm very happy with my 22C idle.

I'm actually curious to see what my OC'ed temps are, I think I'll restart and get some idle/load results from 3.25GHz @ 1.65v. :cool:

Back