CPU temps

Jowersman

Weaksauce
My CPU temps are spiking all over the place... I am at 50-55 one moment and the next 75. How is this possible? I do have an overclock of 4.8 on a 7700k with Corsair H75 in push-pull. I didn't change voltages or anything... just core multiplier across all cores to 48. I have "all core enhancement to sync all cores". Not sure if this is a bad thing. Using ASUS Z270-I mini itx. Thanks.

It's auto-applying voltage depending on CPU load. Those temperatures are not at all problematic.

It's auto-applying voltage depending on CPU load. Those temperatures are not at all problematic.

Okay cool.. do you know if there's a guide for overclocking my specific board? I'm very new to this and just bought my 7700k. I'd like to hit 5.0ghz.

FYI according to HWMonitor I have had peaks that hit 85C

Last edited:
I don't know of anything for that specific board. If those are load temps for normal gaming use that might be typical for a non-delidded CPU on auto voltage. You probably want to get off auto and see how much you can lower the voltage and stay stable.

Don't take this the wrong way but sounds to me like you have a bad mount possibly to much TIM or not mounted properly and I had very similar condition when I forgot to take the protective cover off my heat sink I would definitely check all. I've been watercooling for 20 year and I did that with a 7700k recently not proud of it just saying

Don't take this the wrong way but sounds to me like you have a bad mount possibly to much TIM or not mounted properly and I had very similar condition when I forgot to take the protective cover off my heat sink I would definitely check all. I've been watercooling for 20 year and I did that with a 7700k recently not proud of it just saying

Bad AIO mount? I tried to put a pea size amount. I was watching a video that said too little or too much really doesn’t make a difference in CPU temps. It was an interesting video. Not sure if you agree though.

Too little TIM can definetly hurt your temperatures, if you have spots that have no TIM they will not transfer heat away from your cpu with any efficiency at all. Too much TIM will in many cases get squished out by the heatsink and just make a mess around the edges of your cpu. But ideally you should have a near perfect application to eliminate this as an issue. And it's much better to put a little too much, rather than a little too little, when it comes to TIM. That just means you have a slightly bigger cleanup job the next time you remove the heatsink.

Too little TIM can definetly hurt your temperatures, if you have spots that have no TIM they will not transfer heat away from your cpu with any efficiency at all. Too much TIM will in many cases get squished out by the heatsink and just make a mess around the edges of your cpu. But ideally you should have a near perfect application to eliminate this as an issue. And it's much better to put a little too much, rather than a little too little, when it comes to TIM. That just means you have a slightly bigger cleanup job the next time you remove the heatsink.

I lowered my voltage to 1.27 with 4.7 overclock. Ran Heavyload and no crashes with Mac temp of around 75-80C. Happy with that

Back