CPU Temps shot up

MrHood22

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
4,312
Alright. Well I was looking at my temps and they were really high compared to what they used to be.

My cpu used to be 25c Idle, 44c Max

now is 35c idle and 53c max.

I can't seem to think what's wrong.

I took it off a week or so ago and cleaned the CPU/CPU Fan off and then put a small dot the size of a BB in the middle of the CPU and reinserted it. After that I put my fan back on and in the large effort it took to put the fan on I smeared some of the AS5 to a corner of the CPU. Now I still have some in the middle put the AS5 is spread unevenly to say the least. Now a week or so after that happened, I turn my computer on and my temps shoot up.

But in between then and now I turned my HD's around, in the process it's possible that I bumped the fan slightly and it threw the Fan off center and that might cause it?

Thanks.
 
Well it is spring time here in the U.S. Maybe your ambient temperatures have increased?
 
nope. It's in my basement and my basement temp doesn't really change that much, exspecially since it's only be 50's and 60's here for the past month so I had no sudden ambient temp changes.

Could I just have poor contact between Fan and CPU?
 
I think it could be a combination of the uneven spread of the AS5 and the fan may not be in the correct place.

Just try to get that fan back in place and lap your cpu and heatsink as best as you can with fine sand paper.
 
Back
Top