CPU temperatures

Technohead

n00b
Well I installed a new PSU yesterday in my rig (PC&C 510) and had a few problems with the floppy conectors but seemed to figure that out, anyhow I notice my temps right after it starting up were like 40C and I turned the CPU fan up it went down by two dC Now its at 47C\118F I dont know the ambient temps but its doesnt feel so warm.. I heard Intels are supose to run hot and yesterday it was doing about 52C after installing the PSU. The processor is a intel P4 3.0GHz and I have Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu LED cooling it at about 2300+ rpm. Any one know any solutions to this? Or if it is normal for the CPU to run that hot?

Thanks ;)

what was your temps before the psu install?? I would say check out and download everest or speedfan to get ambient temps.

The temps before the install was in the 38s-40Cs a bit lower.. but what I dont understand if its the PSU, the one I took out was junk --> 420W (Max,came with case :( ) Raidmax and this is a PC Power & Cooling 510w cont. and 650wMax.. Well I have everest but how do I check the ambient temps?

Back