• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

cpu temp too high? fans stopped working,

fudge2011

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 3, 2011
Messages
493
Hi, I think my fans might have stopped working but I cant be sure as the pc is to the side of my desk.

My asrock extreme tuning program says the cpu fan is working {thank god}

but says all three chasiss fans have 0 rpm.. Im sortov under the impression the chasiss fans are the fans to the sides (which I dont have). I only have fans to the front and back and roof.

However the extreme tunig program says they have no rpm. I am sortov assuming they have no cable to measure their rpm anyway, but I could be wrong.

the cpu temp is 58C? is this too high?

cheers, help would be greatly appreciated,
 
If that is the one in your signature no way. 58C is not high for any Intel CPU core2 or above. Most of these are designed to run up to 100C.
 
ok sweet, Im pretty sure its just how that asrock program runs, only configured to assess rpm speed of compatible fans that show rpm speed. considering I can see the front one and back one spinning too. nice1
 
but says all three chasiss fans have 0 rpm..

They may be spinning too slow for the sensor to detect. I have seen some sensors with a 500 to 1000 RPM minimum detection limit meaning if you have a slower fan than the limit it shows up as 0.
 
yeh they're all stock coolers, they run pretty damn slow compared to the cpu cooler when that hthings pumpin
 
58 degrees Celsius could be considered as low to medium temperature.High temp means 70-75 and above.

The best way to see if a fan is running or not is to look at the fan (check if it's running) and use the hand to feel the airflow.
 
Back
Top