CPU Temp Alright?

xnikx

[H]ard|Gawd
I was talking to my freinds freind and he sayd my cpu temp was too high. Its a core 2 duo e6600 2.4GHz. Its temp is from 50*C-60*C. What do you guys think. Stock heatsink btw. He sayd it will shorten its lifespan to about half.

And what is HT(SPP-MCP) is 1.4500 V good voltage?

PS: i know i made two of these threads but i figured i would get a better repsonse here. soory.

I have a brand new e6600 running at stock with the stock heatsink. My coretemp temps are 32idle / 57-65 100% load. If yours is idle at 50-60 it doesn't sound so great.

download CPUZ(google it) and tell us what it reads the voltage at. Btw what mobo and bios version are you using?

a 680i, idk about bios.

Voltage: 1.248 v and 1.256 v , switches.

Your friend has no idea what he's talking about if he thinks these temps will halve the lifespan of the CPU. Those temps are well within the safe temperature limit for that chip.

not saying u dont know what ur talkin about, maybe he is wrong. but he went to school for comps so im really inbetween. Alot of people say the temps are fine and others say their not. After 2 hours of gaming the temp only got to 59*C.

My comp is right next to the vent, the heat is on. Just wondering if this is contributing to anything.

tisb0b said:
download CPUZ(google it) and tell us what it reads the voltage at.
Might as well use a random generator and read the voltages of that. CPU-Z pretty much always shows V-core at 1.2x volts no matter how high it actually is.

Better use BIOS readings.

Theli said:
Might as well use a random generator and read the voltages of that. CPU-Z pretty much always shows V-core at 1.2x volts no matter how high it actually is.

Better use BIOS readings.

CPU-Z will correctly read the voltage going to the cpu independant of the V-Core.

tisb0b said:
CPU-Z will correctly read the voltage going to the cpu independant of the V-Core.
Yeah, right.
I just recently posted an example over here: linky
A processor running at V-core = 1.6V, and yet CPU-Z is displaying 1.213V.

Back