• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CPU/System fan have failed?

oneil

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
451
I finished putting in my watercooling kit this morning and promptly replugged everything on the mobo. To my dismay, when I boot up it shows the usual specs info then goes to the ERROR!: CPU fan has failed... system will restart in 2...

I tried re-plugging the cpu fan and letting it hang off the side and rebooted but it gave me the following: ERROR!: System fan has failed... system will restart in 5...

I can hit F2 to continue but it just stalls on the same screen and dosen't budge...

Any ideas? :(
 
In the bios, there are options to ignore fan errors. I think it is under 'Hardware Monitor'.

I had to disable it because I was getting the same error due to my custom fan setup.
 
There is no such option in the Hardware Monitor, I looked through all the menus and cant find anything allowing me to turn off fan errors...

My bios is Pheonix - Award BIOS
 
This is taken from the Phoenix Award bios site

During the power-on self-test (POST), the computer stops if the BIOS detects a hardware error. You can tell the BIOS to ignore certain errors during POST and continue the boot-up process. These are the selections:

No errors POST does not stop for any errors.

All errors If the BIOS detects any non-fatal error, POST stops and prompts you to take corrective action.

All, But Keyboard POST does not stop for a keyboard error, but stops for all other errors.

All, But Diskette POST does not stop for diskette drive errors, but stops for all other errors.

All, But Disk/Key POST does not stop for a keyboard or disk error, but stops for all other errors.

They are there somewhere. Look for something like 'Halt on'

http://www.phoenix.com/en/customer+services/bios/awardbios/setup+index.htm
 
Back
Top