CPU/System fan have failed?

oneil

Limp Gawd
I finished putting in my watercooling kit this morning and promptly replugged everything on the mobo. To my dismay, when I boot up it shows the usual specs info then goes to the ERROR!: CPU fan has failed... system will restart in 2...

I tried re-plugging the cpu fan and letting it hang off the side and rebooted but it gave me the following: ERROR!: System fan has failed... system will restart in 5...

I can hit F2 to continue but it just stalls on the same screen and dosen't budge...

Any ideas? :(

In the bios, there are options to ignore fan errors. I think it is under 'Hardware Monitor'.

I had to disable it because I was getting the same error due to my custom fan setup.

There is no such option in the Hardware Monitor, I looked through all the menus and cant find anything allowing me to turn off fan errors...

My bios is Pheonix - Award BIOS

This is taken from the Phoenix Award bios site

During the power-on self-test (POST), the computer stops if the BIOS detects a hardware error. You can tell the BIOS to ignore certain errors during POST and continue the boot-up process. These are the selections:

No errors POST does not stop for any errors.

All errors If the BIOS detects any non-fatal error, POST stops and prompts you to take corrective action.

All, But Keyboard POST does not stop for a keyboard error, but stops for all other errors.

All, But Diskette POST does not stop for diskette drive errors, but stops for all other errors.

All, But Disk/Key POST does not stop for a keyboard or disk error, but stops for all other errors.

They are there somewhere. Look for something like 'Halt on'

http://www.phoenix.com/en/customer+services/bios/awardbios/setup+index.htm

Back