CPU Socket TypeLGA 1155

whats the future of the socket 1155?

Like AM3+ it will be replaced next year with a socket that is not compatible. From what I have seen with roadmaps I do not believe there are any faster CPUs for lga1155 in the pipeline only lower end models.
 
I'm actually glad to see a new socket coming out.
While we reduce the number of puwer supply pins by (I'm guessing) more than half, due to the VRMs being integrated, we're only losing 5 pins, so we'll probably get more PCI-E lanes, if we're lucky.
 
It will not reduce the # of power pins by any significant amount. Those will still be needed for the amount of current draw of the CPU. What is being integrated is the controller for the VRMs. This way the processor will have total control of what voltage it runs at.
 
I still think it will have significantly less power supply pins, as it reduces five different voltage inputs to one:
Shark_Bay15.png.jpeg

and, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this mean that the CPU will be running off of 12V?
If so, it would only take about 1/10th of the current of current CPUs, right? (Don't you love the English language? xD)
 
Back
Top