CPU Socket Replacement

phiquach

Limp Gawd
Anyone where i can get them changed out and the cost?

Got a few motherboard with broken/bent pins.

I'm sure there is _somewhere_ that could do it but it's gonna be cheaper to throw the board out and get a new one. The only thing that might come close to being cost effective is if you can find a jeweler who will fix the pins for you.

The socket would have to be desoldered and replaced, and I don't think there are any repair services that will do that. It would most likely be less expensive to simply replace the boards in question.

Contact the manufacturer of the board. They should be able to do it for a fee. Depending on the age and model of the motherboard if it is worth it or not. Some time back I had a Asus board that quit working under warranty. I sent it in and they supposedly changed the cpu socket. Turn around was only 1 day.

You're looking for an electronics rework shop. It won't be cheap or worthwhile.

You could also buy a hot air rework station and do it yourself, but again - probably not cost effective, especially considering it takes some practice.

Your best bet is contacting the manufacturer and seeing if they have an out of warranty repair/replacement program.

contact a couple of them. most said 35 to replace msi, gigabyte. asus said 120. evga said i had to send mine in before they gave a price

Back