• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CPU return times - back to 30 days?

Dario D.

Gawd
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
582
I remember when CPU's had something like a 6 day return time (at least at Fry's, and maybe CompUSA), but now that I'm Googling CPU return policies, I'm finding a mix of things. Seems like most places offer either 15-30 days for returns, or, in the case of Newegg, no option at all (only replacement).

Anyone know what happened to the 6-day return times? Did the government finally drop the hammer?
(I always figured the return times were ridiculous, because anyone frying his chip, or installing it wrong, is going to do it on DAY ONE... assuming those were the people the companies were using as bait to get the government to change the return laws on CPU's)
 
it just depends on the company selling it.. but generally its been 15-30 days.. even Fry's has a 15 day return/replace policy on processors.. i dont think it has anything to do with the government.. i think it has more to do with keeping the customers happy and having extended/longer return policies are usually what most customers complain about first.. so a lot of retailers have changed to the 15-30 day return/replace policies..
 
or, in the case of Newegg, no option at all (only replacement).
Extending this: NOW I'm finding out that they won't let me return a Solid State Drive either. (so I'm having to go with the replace-for-same-drive option, and just HOPE I don't get another from the defective batch that falls within a certain serial number range... one that Super Talent is going to be launching a replacement thing for soon)

What's the deal? Lately, at the peak of my Newegg appreciation, I've been gradually bumping into all this negative stuff.
 
you have to read it carefully. certain products at newegg have a no refund, replace only policy, ie cpu's, new tech (some ssd's) some dfi motherboards, etc.
 
Hmm, I see. Yeah, I just chatted with a support person, and she said "the warranty is decided between the manufacturer and Newegg", and confirmed that some SSD's are refundable, whereas others simply aren't.

Didn't even know that was legal... completely non-refundable products. Instant hatred-ignition for anyone running into that facet of the shopping experience. :D
 
just read it carefully, and if its "replace only", find another retailer who hasnt cut a deal like the one between "the manufacturer and newegg" to stick you with a product whether you want it or not. newegg no longer lets you cancel orders either, even if you try to cancel instantly after you place the order.
 
just read it carefully, and if its "replace only", find another retailer who hasnt cut a deal like the one between "the manufacturer and newegg" to stick you with a product whether you want it or not. newegg no longer lets you cancel orders either, even if you try to cancel instantly after you place the order.

i think you can cancel orders, i canceled my order from newegg after 5-10 mins of placing my order last week
 
i tried canceling an order a few months ago after like 10 minutes, and they claimed it was already on the way out of the warehouse and i would have to ship it back. then it was a week or 2 after i shiped it back before they credited my card.
 
Back
Top