• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CPU/Northbridge and Artic Silver 5

Gouda

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 28, 2004
Messages
220
I am not sure about this but is this thermal compound good to use for the heatsinks that go on the cpu and Northbridge? I have my mother computer apart right now for cleaning and wasn't sure if I am suppose to clean off the heatsinks and reapply some compound. Pls help!! ;)
 
Yes it is. You may want to get a non-conductive / epoxy thermal paste for the nb though (depending on what your setup is).
 
Thanks. I went ahead and put it on after cleaning everything. CPU load temp went down 15-20degrees F. Amazing stuff.
 
when you apply it you want to use a paper thin layer. Basically you want it to be as thin as possible and as flat as possible without being able to see the actual die. 100th post btw.... ::sobb sobb:: im so happy :p
 
Back
Top