- Joined
- Mar 18, 2010
- Messages
- 14,479
First i7 build, and I'm having serious issues.
Specs:
i7 920 D0 stock
MSI Big Bang Xpower
OCZ3P1600LV6GK 3x2gb OCZ Platinum 1600 mhz memory
EVGA GTX 580
Seasonic M12D 750 watt
So I am having issues getting the board to post with all 3 RAM modules, and I'm rarely able to boot into Windows. Typically, it won't post unless there's only one module. I've tried having two modules of Patriot memory that was used in the system in my signature. Still showed the same problems as the OCZ memory. Occasionally, I got artifacts while running memtest (using memtest boot from USB, not in Windows), and most of the time I'm unable to get memtest running (freezes as soon as it starts). I don't have a spare motherboard or CPU to test, and I know the Patriot memory is good. Half the time the system doesn't even post, giving a LED readout of D4 or D5. Any idea what the problem may be?
Edit: Anyone in Huntington Beach/Riverside area willing to lend parts to help me troubleshoot? Just need an i7 CPU and/or x58 motherboard.
Specs:
i7 920 D0 stock
MSI Big Bang Xpower
OCZ3P1600LV6GK 3x2gb OCZ Platinum 1600 mhz memory
EVGA GTX 580
Seasonic M12D 750 watt
So I am having issues getting the board to post with all 3 RAM modules, and I'm rarely able to boot into Windows. Typically, it won't post unless there's only one module. I've tried having two modules of Patriot memory that was used in the system in my signature. Still showed the same problems as the OCZ memory. Occasionally, I got artifacts while running memtest (using memtest boot from USB, not in Windows), and most of the time I'm unable to get memtest running (freezes as soon as it starts). I don't have a spare motherboard or CPU to test, and I know the Patriot memory is good. Half the time the system doesn't even post, giving a LED readout of D4 or D5. Any idea what the problem may be?
Edit: Anyone in Huntington Beach/Riverside area willing to lend parts to help me troubleshoot? Just need an i7 CPU and/or x58 motherboard.
Last edited: