CPU mining still have any value?

Bodega

Gawd
been mining some altcoins lately and I was wondering if there is any way I could put a 4p g34 (6172) to use mining xpm or pts or something else. Are any of these still profitable?

thanks in advance

I tried a few weeks of mining PTS about a month ago on a 4x6166HE. Keep in mind that you need a ton of ram get it to run well (roughly a half gig per core as a minimum). I earned about 2.5 PTS over the course of 2 weeks and at the time, it was exchanging for 1PTS = 0.015BTC. At an ~$800 BTC value (as it was at the time), that's about $30 in revenue over those 2 weeks and if you assume 12 cents per kw/hr at 600w, that's about $24.20 in power. So, $6 for 2 weeks of mining... a bit of a yawner.

Of course, PTS is now trading at 0.03 BTC per each, but BTC have also dropped... Not sure what difficulty has done though.

I was making money on quark even after it dropped to 4qrk/block, but after it went to 2qrk/block I couldn't keep up and had to shut them down.

Tried memory coin, it has some stupid AES hash in it so my quad xeon got about the same as my 4570 while using 5x the power.

Mined a few others but none of them were even remotely close to being profitable. If you want all my shitty alt-cpu coins I could let them go for a price :p

thanks for the info guys, maybe i should just keep this thing pointed at stanford :rolleyes:

Back