CPU/GPU temperatures

glad that worked for ya!
looks like it went from 3.4 to 4.2GHz. with better cooling and a manual OC you could probably get it to 4.4-4.5.
also, its time to learn how to OC your gpu...

edit: antipunt, did you get the reeven justice? if so you should be able to get that chip to at least 4.5GHz by manually overclocking. the gigabyte software will make OCing easier but it tends to run the voltage higher that it needs to be for the lower OC clock speeds. might want to check the intel threads or do some googling for OC setting suggestions. i'd put money on it that you could get a few hundred more MHz!

I did get the ReEven Justice. You're right in that it looks like I can push my rig even further (either CPU/GPU or both). EasyTune6 has a third option which goes up to 4.47 ghz. I only went to "level 2" 4.22GHZ cause I didn't want to 'push my luck' so to speak and have my rig melt into a puddle or something (I have a vivid imagination)

EasyTune6 also has options for GPU OC-ing, but like you said, it'll require manual tweaking and some education. Last time I tried overclocking my GPU, it seemed to involve a lot of trial and error, which was a bit time consuming though

nice! go to the level 3 and see how it runs.
yeah manual OCs do take a bit of trial and error. that's why I suggested to check what others are getting so you can get an idea of where to start and what settings to use for both cpu/gpu.

Thought you guys might like to know, I caved and played around with Wattman (AMD overclocking). I found a guide that was really helpful, and was able to stabilize my card at the following settings (in the attachment).
And the beautiful results in the second attachment :)

for reference:

original boost clock: 1276 mhz
original memory clock (x4): 8000mhz

Thanks again everyone! And it's good to know I always have the option of pushing my CPU even further too, now that it has great cooling

Hardforum delivers again! :cool:

Untitled2.png

Untitled.png

note: game graphics are turned to ultra

'In BIOS' overclocking is the only way. I stole some settings from a forum (maybe this one, not sure) for my old I7 and it has been rock solid for almost 8 years. Fooling with software in Windows to overclock is not a stable way of doing it in my humble opinion.

Enjoy the 'free' upgrade!!

Back