CPU/GPU Norm Temp's

REL1203

n00b
OK, i have just built my new machine, and i want to break it in before I overclock it any for atelast a month long break in period. I have looked, but cant find what a normal operatering CPU temp would be for my CPU 3700+ San Diego core, nor my GPU. My CPU idles at like 35, am not sure how to test it under a full load. My GPU idles at about 38, once again, dont know how to test that under a full load. Any information on how these temps compare to others, and what the max idle temp of them should be overclocked? Any help would be appreicated.
THanks

I applied quite a bit of Arctic Ceramique so I derno if that changes things.

Highest i've seen my CPU go was 41c when I was encoding a DVD, and 33c for idling. Although it likes to idle at 35c. I have the same CPU btw. =x

It goes from 33-35 normally. *Shrug*

it seems like both our devices idle at around the same temp.... Do you know what yours are at Full Power?

Well i've never had an opportunity to push it to the limits, but the DVD encoding was taking up 99% of my cpu and it was steady at 41c. That's the hardest i've pushed it.

Oh yeahhh I have cool and quiet enabled.

One of the best ways to load your cpu is to run folding@home for team 33. :p

Or run pcmark 05, set it in loop and leave it go for a couple hours, then just alt-tab to check your temps or set the temp monitoring proggie to stay on top.

SpoogeMonkey said:
One of the best ways to load your cpu is to run folding@home for team 33. :p

Or run pcmark 05, set it in loop and leave it go for a couple hours, then just alt-tab to check your temps or set the temp monitoring proggie to stay on top.

I use Prime95 to test the cpu at full load, and RTHDRIBL or 3DMark05 to test the GPU load temp.

quadnad said:
I use Prime95 to test the cpu at full load, and RTHDRIBL or 3DMark05 to test the GPU load temp.

I also use Prime95 torture test with 'Large FFTs.' There's another program called CPU burn which can get even higher temps, but doesn't show if your cpu is stable.

35 idle sounds reasonable - it depends a lot on cpu cooler, case ventilation and even ambient temp of your room. Cool n Quiet can also lower it by a few degrees.

Back