CPU Frequency vs. FSB

Joined
May 3, 2003
Messages
545
I just went out and got my ECS K7VTA3 8.0, which I'm going to be using to build a system. I was flipping through the manual and noticed there was a jumper for CPU Frequency. What is this, and what is the correct setting for my 1.6GHz Duron?

Thanks in advance
 
Set it for 100Mhz, as your Duron is using 200Mhz (DDR) Don't set it for 133Mhz, you might burn your processor out.

Hunter :)
 
Burn it out? How could you burn it out without raising the voltages? All I think is that it wouldn't boot up.
 
Well, you might not burn it out on good cooling, but it surely WON'T boot.

Hunter :)
 
This Duron takes 266Mhz FSB.

I was kind of wondering what the different is between FSB and CPU freq. The motherboard supposedly autodetects your CPU clock freq and FSB speeds, it only wants this one jumper setting.
 
Back
Top