CPU fan without backplate

punkmanmatthew

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 11, 2006
Messages
157
I'm looking for a CPU fan for an i5 4460 LGA 1150 Haswell processor.

I just don't want to take the motherboard out to have to put a back plate on.

I'm not sure which is a good CPU fan and which would be compatable. I know I can
see some that newegg has if I choose the LGA1150 CPU fan compatable ones but
none of them seem too good when I choose that.

Thanks for any help!
 
You can put a backplate on without taking anything out. I've never done it any other way. Of course it depends if your case allows for it.
 
Get a new case with the cutout on the motherboard tray.
 
I'm looking for a CPU fan for an i5 4460 LGA 1150 Haswell processor.

I just don't want to take the motherboard out to have to put a back plate on.

I'm not sure which is a good CPU fan and which would be compatable. I know I can
see some that newegg has if I choose the LGA1150 CPU fan compatable ones but
none of them seem too good when I choose that.

Thanks for any help!

A lot of 92mm tower coolers (Cooler Master Hyper TX3, Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro) will mount using the same 4 pushpin design that Intel's stock cooler uses. The performance is better, but often not by leaps and bounds. With a non-K CPU, you're probably not getting much of an OC anyway, though your turbo speeds shouldn't be throttled by a decent 92mm tower cooler either.
 
I have the thermaltake urban S1 case. Not sure of it does allow for being able to mount on bottom of motherboard?
 
Judging by the Thermaltake productpage for that case there's an "extra large cutout" so you should have no trouble installing a backplate without removing your motherboard.
 
Back
Top