Hey everyone, just about to pull the trigger on a new rig i will be building and i have a few questions about CPU fans.
It will be a Gigabyte MA790GP-DS4H mobo with an AMD2 socket, running an AMD Phenom 9950 BE. I wont be overclocking until i get quite abit more reading under my belt, but i want the cooling capacity to be there when i do. I am looking at 2 different CPU fans that would work great but i want the fans to point towards the back of the case so it can have a straight shot out thru the case fan. I have narrowed it down to these 2 coolers. The Zalman CNPS9700 and the XIGMATEK HDT-S1283. I have read reviews on both and they make it sound like there may be issues with the way they can be mounted, as in may not be able to point the fans toward the back of the case. I don't want to buy one and find out the airflow will be up or down. It wouldn't be the end of the world but i just want to make it right if i can.
I'm not too worried about size, i'm pretty sure i have enough room.
Zalman http://http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118019
Xigmatek http://http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233003&nm_mc=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r&cm_mmc=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r-_-CPU+Cooling-_-XIGMATEK-_-35233003
Does anybody have a Gigabyte board with an AMD2 socket running one of these coolers?
I would sure like to know about this before i buy.
It will be a Gigabyte MA790GP-DS4H mobo with an AMD2 socket, running an AMD Phenom 9950 BE. I wont be overclocking until i get quite abit more reading under my belt, but i want the cooling capacity to be there when i do. I am looking at 2 different CPU fans that would work great but i want the fans to point towards the back of the case so it can have a straight shot out thru the case fan. I have narrowed it down to these 2 coolers. The Zalman CNPS9700 and the XIGMATEK HDT-S1283. I have read reviews on both and they make it sound like there may be issues with the way they can be mounted, as in may not be able to point the fans toward the back of the case. I don't want to buy one and find out the airflow will be up or down. It wouldn't be the end of the world but i just want to make it right if i can.
I'm not too worried about size, i'm pretty sure i have enough room.
Zalman http://http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118019
Xigmatek http://http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233003&nm_mc=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r&cm_mmc=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r-_-CPU+Cooling-_-XIGMATEK-_-35233003
Does anybody have a Gigabyte board with an AMD2 socket running one of these coolers?
I would sure like to know about this before i buy.